The Address Lookup Component is a single text input field which will search for an address. Once the user verifies the address searched is the correct one, it will populate the address fields with the results.
This article will cover:
Address Lookup Component's provided values
When the user searches for an address, the following values are provided from the search:
Address Lookup Component's properties
When the address lookup component is dragged onto the screen, selecting it will allow you to configure its settings, styles, and events.
Caption: This identifies the component and can be shown on the screen to the user.
Hide Caption: Hides the caption when checked.
Load State: The default state of the control (regular/hidden/disabled).
Placeholder: Text to hint what the user needs to type in.
Width: How wide should your control be in relation to its container. For more information, check out Styling Basics.
Caption Color/Size/Font Weight: Choose the color, size, and weight of the text in your caption.
ACTIONS / EVENTS -
Change: Event triggers when text changes in the component.
How to customize the Address Lookup Component
Before you can use this component, you will need text input fields on the screen. These fields will be populated from the data found from the search in the Address Lookup Component.
In the below example, there are five fields which will be populated when a successful search is done.
1. Drag the Address Lookup Component onto the screen.
2. Go into the component's Change event.
3. Add the action Update Controls on Screen.
4. Within the Update Controls on Screen action, add each text input object you want to populate with different parts of the address. In the below example, five controls have been added,
5. For Update control using this value, select the dropdown and scroll to the bottom. There, you will find all the values from your Address Lookup Component.
6. For each control, bind the appropriate field.
Close and save your screen, and the Address Lookup Component will work!