Once invited as a user to Method, you can change your settings in your profile.
This article is for normal users of Method, not for Administrators. If you are an admin, please see our article Your Company Preferences.
Accessing your Preferences
To access your profile, you will need to click the Gear in the upper right corner of the screen and then choose Preferences.
This will take you to your preferences screen. On the left will show a menu where you will have access to four sections: Profile, Email, Notifications, and Integrations. The greyed-out menu options are available for users with administrative access.
Let's look at each one in detail below.
The profile settings are divided into three sub-sections. At the bottom of the screen is a Save button to save your settings.
- Sign in email: The email the user uses to sign into Method.
- First name: The user's first name.
- Last name: The user's last name.
- Time Zone: Your time zone can be set here.
NOTE: The first name and last name do not correspond to this user's User Name which appears throughout Method. Only an administrator can change the User Name.
To change a password, input the current password, then choose and confirm a new password.
For security, your password requires:
- Minimum length of 8
- At least 1 digit
- At least 1 uppercase letter
- At least 1 lowercase letter
- At least 1 symbol from @$-_.+!*'(),"
This section shows you whether your Google and/or Intuit accounts are connected to your Method account. Connecting these accounts allows you to sign in with your Google or Intuit credentials. To connect these accounts, please see:
- Email Address - This field is the “from” email when you send an email out from Method. This is also where your internal email notifications are sent. Note: some customizations may override this for another email.
- Email Signature - The text input box, although not labeled, is your email signature and may be included in emails sent out from this user. Note: not all email templates include the email signature.
Use company email settings -
- When checked, you will use the outgoing email server as set up for your company.
- When unchecked, you can specify a different outgoing email server to be used. Note that this will not allow you to receive email. Method is not an email client, and will not receive emails sent to you. For more information on this, please see our article Set Up Your Email Server.
This section details the reminders Method will send this user when an Activity assigned to them is coming due.
This section allows you to turn email and SMS reminders on and off. By default, email reminders are turned on and SMS reminders are turned off.
- If you choose to deactivate email reminders, no email will be sent to remind this user of an upcoming activity.
- If you choose to activate SMS reminders, you’ll need to provide your mobile phone number and provider. Your provider might charge you for incoming texts from Method, depending on your personal plan.
There are a number of 3rd party integrations you can have set up within Method. Please see the following articles to help you with these ingegrations.