The Dashboard is the first screen you see when you log into Method:CRM.
- The Left menu has links to favourited apps. It can be minimized and maximized to save screen space.
- The plus symbol is a Global Add which adds a new record of your choice (e.g. a new Invoice, a new Customer).
- The magnifying glass is your Contacts Search. When doing a search, only the top 10 results will be returned. You are able to search on: name (fullname, first name, last name), email, phone, and address. Note: a customer's shipping address is not included in the search.
- The question mark pops open a right panel to access help center search bar as well as chat.
- The upper-right blue circle icon opens a preferences menu to access your user profile, account settings, integrations, as well as signing out.
- More Apps allows you to access apps which are not starred (favorited).
- App Marketplace allows you to install more aps.
The left menu contains icons corresponding to favourited apps. You can maximize and minimize the menu by clicking the '≡' icon or the 'm' icon respectively.
The first icon, the Dashboard icon will return you back to the dashboard screen. Returning to the dashboard does not delete work you're doing on a screen.
The other icons are shortcut links to favorited apps. An app will appear here if:
- you are subscribed to the pack
- you have permission to the app
- the app is starred (favorited)
To access your non-starred apps, you can select More Apps which will expand to show the rest of your apps.
Also, selecting App Marketplace will allow you add more apps.
Right Menu Preferences
In the upper-right corner is a blue circle icon containing the initials of your user. Clicking it shows you your Preferences menu:
Your User Profile screen allows you to change your:
- Time Zone
- Connected Accounts (Google Identity and Intuit ID)
The majority of the account settings can only be modified by a user with administrator permissions which will be indicated below.
- Subscription settings: view packs and payment options. A regular user can view this but cannot make changes. For more information, see Subscribe and Unsubscribe.
- Users: invite users and set permissions for the users. Admins only. For more information, see Editing user settings.
- Display: display preferences and default formats. Admins only.
- Email: set your email address as well as your email signature. Administrators can also set up an email server.
- Notifications: set up personal notifications and reminders. Administrators have more set up options to affect notifications account-wide.
- Tables & Fields: access the tables in your Method:CRM account. Admins and users with custom permissions only. For more information, see Intro: Databases, tables, and fields.
There are a number of integrations available for Method:CRM. Please see our help article branch Integrations.
If you have multiple Method:CRM accounts, use this function to switch accounts without signing out and signing back in.
Signs you out of this Method:CRM account.
Each app you have installed is represented by a tile:
Each tile looks different, depending on the app it represents, but on every tile you can:
- Access the app's most commonly-used screens (e.g. ⊕ New and # Active on the Contacts app).
- Read a brief description of the app.
- Use the vertical ellipsis button ( ⋮ ) to access more options, like the app's preferences. Find more information in the corresponding app documentation.
Note: Users with administrative access can also manage apps from the vertical ellipsis ( ⋮ ) menu.
App Tile Customization
You're also given three further options from the ( ⋮ ) menu:
1. Move the app tile around your dashboard (do this to re-order the way your app tiles appear when you log in):
2. Change the color of the app tile:
3. Star and favorite apps you often use:
Removing the star will minimize the app and it moves to the bottom of your dashboard. You'll also know it's icon is no longer in the left menu (but accessible by hitting the down arrow).
You can favourite minimized apps at any time by clicking the ellipsis (⋮) and reselecting the star icon.
Note: These three options only influence the dashboard of the user currently signed in. Each user is free to customize their own dashboards using these options.
Adding New Apps
At the end of the app tile section, there is an outlined box labeled Add / Remove Apps:
Clicking this button takes you to a screen where you can add new packs and create your own custom apps (see Subscribe for more information).