The Payment Widget provides a way for the user to pay a balance online. If a proper payment gateway is set up, then the payment widget is self contained and does not need to be further configured other than styling.
As useful the payment widget is, there are certain restrictions when using it:
- Intui QuickBooks Payments and PayPal Credit Card must use the payment widget in order to work properly. You cannot customize your payment method.
- PSIGate is not supported in the payment widget. You will need to customize your own payment method to process this gateway.
- The payment widget cannot have more than one payment gateway.
- Authorize.Net has no current restrictions with the payment widget.
Depending on your needs, you may need to create a customized payment solution.
Configuring the Payment Widget
When you select the payment widget object, you will be able to set its settings and its style.
- Caption: You can give a label and name to the widget.
- Hide Caption: Rarely is the caption shown for the payment widget, so it's hidden by default.
- Load State: The initial state when the screen loads.
- Show Validation: This is recommended to keep checked.
- Width: How wide should your control be in relation to the screen?
- Fixed: assign the width of the object in pixels
- Full: object will be full width of the section or cell it has been dragged into
Although styling is available, it is not currently implemented.
- There are no actions or events associated with the portal navigation object.