The attachments control allows Method users to attach one or more files to a record. This feature is pre-built into many but not all existing Method apps with the option to add it to custom apps. There is a 50 mb/attachment limit and 10gb/account.
In the above example, you see two files have been attached.
The email checkbox is provided in case the attachment widget is found on a screen which sends email.
For example, if you are viewing an estimate and wish to email it to the customer, any attachments attached to the estimate will only be emailed if the email checkbox is selected for the attachments.
The attachments control does not have any styling or events associated with it.
It does, however, have the following fields to configure:
- Caption: The text used to caption the control.
- Load State: The initial state when the screen loads.
- Attach to Email column is visible: This will place an email checkbox beside each file within the attachments control. When using the Send Email action, under Add an Attachment, you can specify this control and it will automatically include all the selected attachments to be sent in the email.
- Width: How wide should your control be in relation to its container. For more information, check out Styling Basics.
- Changes made within the Attachments control is autosaved if there is an active recordID on screen. As a result a user could add an attachment, leave the screen without saving, and upon returning, the attachment will still be there.
- Attachments will not work on Public pages at this time, so do not use this control for any public facing pages. Attachments will, however, work in customer portals (Guest pages).
What type of files can I upload?
You can upload any type of file you want, there are no restrictions.
Is there a size limit?
There is a 50 mb/attachment limit (10 gb/account). A notification will be sent if a file exceeds the size limit.
Are changes made within the Attachments control automatically saved for me?
If you have an active recordID on screen, any changes made within the Attachments control are autosaved for you (If you upload a file, you don’t need to hit save for the document to save).
Is this available on all Method Stock Apps?
This is available in all Method's stock apps, except for the Contacts app. They will be included in a later release.
Can I use attachments when I customize?