An action is precipitated by an event, which is something a user does (clicking on a button, loading a screen, etc. – you can find more information in our List of Events).
There are a variety of different actions, each of which has its own document in this section. For more information about actions, see our article on Actions.
- Assign Value To Action Result - Sets an Action Result variable.
- Assign Value To Shared Result - Sets a Shared Result variable.
- Character Functions - This action either alters or provides information on a specified value.
- Date Functions - This action takes a date value you provide and extracts a portion of the date.
- Math Functions - This action performs advanced Math Functions.
- Delete Records From Table - Deletes all records in the specified table.
- Insert Records Into Table - Creates new records in the specified table.
- Loop Through Table - In 'Loop Through Table' section all subsequent actions will be processed for each record in the specified table.
- Retrieve Values From Table - Takes a value from the specified field in the specified table.
- Update Fields In Table - Updates the value of the specified field in the specified table for all records that meet the 'Where' condition.
- Loop Through Grid - In 'Loop Through Grid' section all subsequent actions will be processed for each record in the specified grid.
Generate Report - Generates a report based on specified filter criteria.
- Clear Screen For New Entry - Prepares the screen for the entry of a new record
- Enable/Disable Controls - Enables or Disables Controls on Screen.
- Expand/Collapse Section - Expand or collapse a section on screen.
- Go To Screen - Navigates the user to the specified screen.
- Go To Web Page - Replace the current screen or launch a new web browser window with a specified URL.
- Prepare For Accounting - Performs accounting calculations, and optionally attempts to sync the record to your accounting software.
- Refresh Control - Refresh the specified control
- Retrieve Exchange Rate - Retrieve Exchange Rate
- Save All - Saves all the values in all the sections on the screen.
- Set Active Record ID For Screen - Sets the screen's active record.
- Set Focus To Control - Set Focus To Control navigates the user to a specified field on the screen.
- Set View Filter - Sets Filter for selected control or Screen.
- Show Message - Shows a popup message to your users.
- Show Right Panel - Display content in the right panel to accomplish a task without navigating away from the current screen.
- Show/Hide Controls - Shows or Hides Controls on Screen.
- Update Controls On Screen - Enters the specified value into the specified field or object.
- Update Editable Grid Read Only Property - Changes the read only property for editable grids.
- Validate Controls on Screen - Validates controls on screen to ensure validation rules (if any) have passed.
- Add Attachment To Record ID - Add an attachment to an existing Record ID.
- Loop Through Attachments - Loop through attachments for a given Record ID
- Calculate Currency Conversion - For multi-currency accounts, convert a value to, or from the company's home currency.
- Call Another Action Set - Calls another action set.
- Call Web Service - You may call a web service within method. Just provide the URL.
- Check Permission - Checks if a user has permission to the selected app.
- Conditional Statement - Create an 'if/else' statement.
- Create Short Method URL - Provides you with an Action Result that contains the URL of a unique link you can provide to customers.
- Credit Card Processing - Performs accounting calculations, and optionally attempts to sync the record to your accounting software.
- Retrieve Value From Email Gadget - Takes a value from the currently open email.
- Send Email - Sends an email to the specified recipient.
Stop Processing More Actions - This action skips processing all remaining actions.